Donating to the ReStore
Remodeling, cleaning out, downsizing or just getting organized? Consider donating your excess household goods and building materials to the Habitat ReStore. We’ll gladly take new and gently-used items off your hands and you’ll get the satisfaction of knowing that your donation is helping to support local families. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by current law.
For businesses, a donation to the Habitat ReStore is a great way to move discontinued or excess stock, deal with gently used returns, and show your customers that you care about the environment and your community. Email our Procurement Manager at [email protected] for more information about business donations.
The Lafayette ReStore typically picks up donations within all of Lafayette Parish. Please give our Donation Hotline a call at (337) 806-9755 if you have a question about having your donation picked up. You can also call to schedule a donation pick-up.
Donations are accepted on location at 3123 1/2 Johnston Street, Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30 am until 4:30 pm.
No time to call? Too busy to stop by? Schedule a FREE donation pick-up and let us do the heavy lifting! Please note that our drivers have the right to refuse donated items if their value will not aid in our mission to fund affordable homes for families in need in Acadiana.
To donate your old vehicle, please call 1-877-277-4344, or visit the Cars for Homes Website!
Currently, we are unable to accept donations of doors, sinks, desks, and Christmas items! We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause!
Click on the item type to see a complete list of specific donation types accepted at the ReStore.
*Upholstered furniture cannot have any stains, tears or pet damage. Leather furniture cannot have peeling, fading, or tears.
*Free of mold, mildew, and/or nails
*In good working condition, 5 years or newer
Donations We Cannot Accept
– Mattresses/box springs
– Baby items
– Upholstered items with rips, stains, tears, and/or pet odors
– Anything that doesn’t work/needs a replacement part
– Hazardous materials/chemicals
– Unframed mirrors or glass
– Appliances over 10 years old
– Cast Iron Sinks
– Cast Iron Tubs
– Microwaves over 5 years old
– Sofa Beds
– Storm windows/single-pane windows
– Computers/fax machines/copy machines
– Shower doors
– Metal blinds
– Garage doors
– Fluorescent Lights
– Spa or Hot Tubs
– Previously installed carpet/wood flooring
– Space heaters
– Cultured marble sink-tops
– Christmas trees and decor
Referrals For Non-Accepted Items:
– Goodwill of Acadiana: 337-261-5811
– The HUT: 337-704-4444
– Salvation Army of Acadiana: 337- 234-1830
– Lafayette Consolidated Government Public Works: 337-291-5637
– Faith House of Acadiana: 337-232-8952
– ARC of Acadiana: 337-991-2440
– Baby and Me Boutique: 337-232-4091